KS1 and KS2 Home Learning
- We have subscribed to Serial Mash which is an online library of books and quizzes for ages 5 through to 11. The children will be set chapters to read through their ‘2do’ list on Purple Mash and they can also choose extra books from the Serial Mash link on the Purple Mash home page.
- KS1 also have a class link to Oxford Owl, which will give children access to a range of levelled eBooks. Please see the password label in your child’s book.
- Click the link below to read this week's edition of the children's newspaper, First News. It's packed full of child-friendly news stories as well as competitions and puzzles. Happy reading!
- Audible (Audio stories)
All children’s stories (of all ages) are currently free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet using the following link https://stories.audible.com/start-listen.
- Phonics Play
Free access to a range of phonics games and resources. https://new.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources
- Each week, each child will be set 4 MyMaths tasks online. These will be a mixture of revisiting previous learning and new content and will be set by the class teacher. MyMaths has both online lessons and follow up tasks enabling the children to learn and practise new content. Teachers will be checking this and giving feedback to each child online.
Your child's MyMaths password has been sent home in their home learning book.
- On Fridays, Year 4 will be set a times tables test on Professor Assessor.
- If your child is unable to work online for whatever reason, we can provide print-outs of appropriate maths resources. The work will be available to collect each week from the office on a Monday as explained above.
- In addition, please see the White Rose website for a variety of online lessons and resources:
Each week children will be asked to complete 2 English tasks:
- The first will be set on Purple Mash through the ‘2do’ tab. This is to be completed and handed in online. Teachers will look at the work and give feedback.
- The second writing task is to be completed on paper in the children's home learning book. We will set these writing tasks on Purple Mash through the blog but ask for the work to be completed on paper. In order to send it in, children can photograph their efforts and upload them to the Purple Mash noticeboard area for their class. See the blogging section for details on how to upload a picture.
It is important that the children continue to try their best with presentation, punctuation and quality writing just as they would at school.
Daily writing challenge
If you’re looking for a daily dose of creativity and fun, check out Authorfy’s 10 minute writing challenges, which are set by bestselling authors and illustrators. They add a new writing challenge to their page every single day! Why not try one yourself at home and share with your class on Purple Mash!
Spellings and Grammar
One spelling and one grammar task will be set each week on Purple Mash.
Science, foundation subjects, PE and fun!
Watch this space! The teachers will be planning how to get the children involved in competitions and challenges in a variety of ways. Details of all new work and projects will be explained to the children via the Purple Mash blog and also updated on the Home Learning page of the website. We will also be sending home further details in the weekly newsletter.